In this episode you’ll learn about:
- What is pH
- How pH affects your cells
- How pH affects your physiology
- Does Ionized Alkaline Water work?
- 7 tips to balance your pH levels
This is the missing link to optimal health, listen in Click To Tweet
[1:44] – The discovery of pH. Measured the concentration of Hydrogen ions [H+]. Logarithmic scale going from 0 to 14.
[4:05] – What effect does pH have upon cellular function? pH has a vast impact upon your health. The extracellular fluid becomes more acidic due to natural metabolism.
[8:40] – How your body generates energy. Food turns into energy.
14:00 – Your cell is like a car. “Banana in the tail pipe” (Beverly Hills Cop)
[16:20] – How does your body balance pH naturally?
18:35 – pH Effects on body (What’s happening during FOOD to ATP reaction)
[19:00] – pH becomes more acidic as temperature increases
[19:50] – The measurement of blood pH is really more accurately described as arterial pH
[20:20] – The body is always tending more towards acidity.
21:30 – Primary way your body balances out pH: respiration (breath out carbon dioxide, breathes in oxygen)
22:10 – Secondary way your body balances out pH: Alkaline minerals (sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium) which should come primarily from your diet.
23:30 – Tertiary way your body balances out pH: Alkaline reserves (bones, muscles, teeth) this is the last resort.
[24:30] – What happens when you’ve exhausted all 3 resources:
pH & extracellular immune function (J. leukocyte biol Apr 2001)
27:39 – Diabesity
[28:00] – Patients suffering from chronic health diseases all had one thing in common: metabolic acidosis
29:30 – Insulin binding affected by extracellular pH Diabetes Aug 1985 (Low pH and ketoacids induce insulin receptor binding)
[35:00] – how to keep your pH balanced
[36:18] – The 7 tips to balance out your pH (what I use in clinical practice)
- Proper breathing
- Proper hydration
- Decrease toxin load
- Proper diet
- Get the lymphatics moving
- Balance out body electrics
- Alkalizing supplements & proteolytic enzymes
- Episode 83: Improving Metabolic Flexibility & balancing the insulin response - March 17, 2021
- Episode 82: Can breathing magical air help you live forever? with Rowena Gates from NanoVi - March 10, 2021
- Episode 81: Q&As Recovering from surgery, Wearables, What’s the best pillow, how to know when the gut is healed? - March 3, 2021