It’s NOVEMBER! And as we start off this month we enter in to the season of thanksgiving. I want to ask you one thing:
“What are you grateful for?”
In this article, we’re going to discuss how cultivating an attitude of gratitude helps you to live a fuller life. Gratitude means that you are expressing appreciation for something. When you begin to express appreciation for something you notice and acknowledge the value it brings to your life. That in turn will help you to extract more benefits from it. If you notice that you’re extracting a lot benefits from something, you’re also less likely to take it for granted.
You should express gratitude for what you currently have and also what you want as well.You should express gratitude for what you currently have and also what you want as well. Click To Tweet
If you’re going through a health issue, have gratitude for the learning experience. There’s always a lesson to learn.
When you’re in a state of gratitude you also will block out negativity from your life. Let’s face it, you can’t be grateful and cynical at the same time.
Some physiological benefits of gratitude:
- Immune booster
- Decrease pain levels
- Decrease blood pressure
- Experience more joy
- Have more optimism
- Experience happiness
- Strengthen your social relationships
- Start a gratitude journal. Write down all the things for which you are grateful.
- Set aside a specific portion of your day to be in a state of gratitude. Check out episode 11 of our podcast where we interview Hal Elrod on the Miracle Morning Method
- Reframing your thinking. I know it’s not easy or even possible to be grateful for certain situations you may be in. But you can also reframe your thinking around that situation. You don’t necessarily have to be grateful for the situation at hand, but you can be grateful while you are in that situation. Find the ray of sunshine in the midst of darkness.
Add your comments below…what are you grateful for?
Watch the PERISCOPE Replay Below!
Latest posts by Dr. Mike Okouchi (see all)
- Episode 73: How to Choose a Chiropractor - July 3, 2019
- Episode 72: A Holistic Approach to Neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s & MS - June 26, 2019
- Episode 71: Dr. Mike’s top 10 remedies to common ailments - June 19, 2019