We’ve all experienced stress. It’s ubiquitous in our society. It’s also the most common cause that sends people in for a doctor visit. But most people are dealing with it in the wrong fashion. Some people turn to drugs, some to alcohol, others will find some type of thing to “relieve their stress.” These are often destructive. In this episode, I interview Integrative Medicine specialist Dr. Romie on how to handle stress.
Romila “Dr. Romie” Mushtaq, M.D., ABIHM, is a traditionally trained neurologist with additional board certification in integrative medicine. Dr. Romie helps individuals and audiences learn to heal from stress-based illnesses such as insomnia, anxiety, and career-burnout. Her innovative program, Mindset Matters, is based in neuroscience, positive psychology, and mindfulness.
After surviving career burnout and undergoing life-saving surgery, she traveled the world learning various yoga and mindfulness techniques. Dr. Romie is a media expert analyst and regular contributor in national and local media outlets.
She shared her journey in a TED Talk is “The Powerful Secret of Your Breath.” When not speaking around the country, she heals clients at the Center for Natural and Integrative Medicine in Orlando, Florida.
- Learn the signs and symptoms that you’re heading toward burn out and what to do about it
- How the brain controls everything
- The 3 step process to get re-centered after going through a stressful episode
- Dr. Romie’s “favorite things”
What a fun episode, I learned so much from Dr. Romie. I learned what I need to do to get centered again, how to be in a state of gratitude for the now and some meditation tips.
Latest posts by Dr. Mike Okouchi (see all)
- Episode 66: How to Detoxify Your Body Effectively - October 26, 2018
- Episode 65: The 3 overlooked healing fundamentals that actually work - October 17, 2018
- Episode 64: Which Nutritional Supplements Do I need? - October 10, 2018