How do I rebalance my hormones naturally? This is a common question I get from patients and from people like you…so here’s a podcast on how to balance your hormones naturally.
The 7 Steps to Rebalancing Your Hormones
Step 1: Detoxify. The Liver controls the metabolism of your hormones. It breaks down the excess estrogen. If the liver doesn’t break down estrogen effectively you’ll end up with estrogen dominance.
Step 2: “Oil Change”. Rebalance omega-3/omega-6 ratio. You need coconut oil, avocado, flax seeds, chia seeds, wild salmon. Other useful oils…Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Oil.
Step 3: Progesterone supplementation.
Step 4: Supplementation.
- Vitamin D. As you age, you tend to produce less vitamin D in your skin, plus it needs to become activated in the liver and kidneys. We’re not getting enough sun exposure. Get vitamin D tested. Supplement with 5000IU of Vitamin D daily.
- Magnesium oil
- Adaptogens – ashwagandha, Rhodiola
- Undenatured Whey Protein
Step 5: Essential Oils.
Step 6: Sleep. The most important part is the quality of sleep. How quickly you get into R.E.M. We use a supplement called “DREAM” to help get your body into REM quickly. Dream has supporting nutrients for melatonin such as valerian root and 5-HTP. Make sure to have a cool, dark room that you sleep in.
Step 7: (oops said step 6 on the podcast) get some light exercise. Get your body moving. Stimulates the lymphatic system. Add in resistance weight training. I like these resistance bands
Latest posts by Dr. Mike Okouchi (see all)
- The primary systems of body control - November 26, 2017
- How to Survive Daylight Savings - November 7, 2017
- Episode 59: The Lab Tests you need for optimal health - September 20, 2017