Here’s the second part to the podcast on how toxins in your body make you sick.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s) in our homes everywhere
- EPA had to drill over a mile down into the ice core in order to find ice that was not toxin laden
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Fibromyalgia
- Increase in migraine headaches
- Toxins affect cravings
- Read labels to become conscious about what you’re putting in your body and what you surround yourself with
- Dr. Sherry Rogers – need to boost glutathione in your body, any foods that contain sulfur (onion, garlic).
- Nutrition for Detoxification: Vitamin A,C,E, Alpha Lipoic Acid, N-acetylcysteine is a great supplement to take. L-carnitine helps to increase mitochondrial function.
- Water filtration system to clean out your water – pharmaceuticals in your water
- Flouride free toothpaste (flouride is a halogen)
- Shampoos, Lotions – need to be “paraben” free
- Average American is exposed to about 4000 different chemicals just in the morning before they even leave the house
- Organic Green Drink – use everyday
- Low heat cooking
- Organic as much as possible
- Never go “cold turkey” when detoxification. Slow tapering on your detoxification.
- Specific colors can stimulate digestion, that’s why fast food chains typically choose the same color scheme (red, orange, yellow).
- Brain fitness program & neuroplasticity
Next Episode – Muse “Hacking your Brain”
Next week we bring you Muse, a company that has developed a headband that can monitor your brainwave activity. By “seeing” your brainwave activity you’ll be able to then consciously control your brain activity. Ever notice yourself being “distracted” from a task at hand, or reading a couple pages of a book and then not being able to remember what you just read? Well you’ll love Muse and what it has to offer. Stay tuned!
Latest posts by Dr. Mike Okouchi (see all)
- The primary systems of body control - November 26, 2017
- How to Survive Daylight Savings - November 7, 2017
- Episode 59: The Lab Tests you need for optimal health - September 20, 2017