Here’s an interview that I was featured on another podcast. Here I talk about how environmental toxins affect our health.
- My story on how I got involved in functional medicine
- A brief history of Chiropractic
- *The site she mentions is my old website (new clinic site is www.velocitywellness.com)
- Bioaccumulation of toxins – “slow poisoning”
- 1998 1.2 billion lbs of toxins were dumped into our environment
- Plastics leeching chemicals like BPA
- Our current healthcare system is designed for emergent care, not chronic degenerative diseases
- Pesticides account for about 70% of the endocrine damage in our society, causes massive changes in our hormonal balance
- Pesticides mimic your hormones, thereby creating abnormal physiology
- Pesticides cause a large imbalance in estrogen/progesterone
Stay tuned for part 2…how the environmental toxins affect your health
- Episode 83: Improving Metabolic Flexibility & balancing the insulin response - March 17, 2021
- Episode 82: Can breathing magical air help you live forever? with Rowena Gates from NanoVi - March 10, 2021
- Episode 81: Q&As Recovering from surgery, Wearables, What’s the best pillow, how to know when the gut is healed? - March 3, 2021
Great podcast, Dr. Mike! I’m actually listening to this with my mom right now, and I’ll also share this with some friends who are interested in wellness!
BTW: Having those “Show Notes” are a great idea! It allows us to see what each show is about before listening. It would also be cool to denote which part of the podcast (ex 1:34 or 2:12) each subject is being talked about so we can rewind and replay when we’re taking notes. THANKS FOR PRODUCING THIS!
Cool! I’ll take that into consideration…